This toolkit includes self-assessment tools and resources for librarians and libraries on leadership development. There are two major components:
How to Use
- create a personal leadership capacity profile that highlights your strengths and weaknesses
- stock-take and map your development experiences to examine your career path
- find personal focus to grow, to become an effective leader
- be mindful of building a fruitful professional career
- use the capacity profile and the development checklist in staff development activities
- build librarians’ capacity for talent management and succession planning
- assess if a library is conducive to leadership development
- explore ways to create a working environment in which librarians can flourish
I am a librarian and a researcher. I finished a Doctor of Education at the University of Hong Kong in 2020/21, with a research to understand how academic librarians develop leadership capacity.
This toolkit is built upon my research work. Your comments and suggestions will help me refine the tools and resources in this website.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com